02 Apr Melissa Reeves’ Chicken Pot Pie
“This is my favorite go to recipe for friends and family! So easy, so cozy and it is great year-round!! And you can get crafty with the crust on top for any occasion. Always yummy too. You can make small individual pies or one large with this recipe. Have fun and enjoy.” – Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) on her delicious Chicken Pot Pie.
Check out how it’s made on the DOOL app in MB’s Kitchen and follow Missy’s recipe below!
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
2 cups cooked mixed veggies (celery, carrots, peas, potatoes)
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1x box puff pastry or pie dough
1) Heat oven 425 degrees.
2) Melt butter, add onion. Cook 2 minutes.
3) Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
4) Gradually stir in broth and milk.
5) Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables.
6) Cut pastry sheets 1.5-2″ larger than bowl.
7) Place mixture into individual bowls, top with pastry, crimp, egg wash, score.
8) Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is cooked through and golden brown.
9) Let cool 15 min before eating, it is very hot!